Gradiated Sheep
Eradicate Scrapie!
Gradiated Goats

How to Comply

Step 1.

Determine which of your sheep or goats need official ear tags or other official ID to move interstate.

Step 2.

Request a flock ID number from your local APHIS Veterinary Services office.

Step 3.

Determine which of the approved ear tags or other approved ID systems will work best for you.

Step 4.

Set up a method to record the ear tags or other official ID that are applied.

Step 5.

Tag the animals before they leave your premises.

Step 6.

Get a health certificate from an accredited veterinarian prior to interstate shipment or sale into interstate commerce of animals for breeding or exhibition.

Step 7.

Retain records for at least 5 years from the time that animals are transported or sold.

Step 8.

For more information call toll-free 1-866-USDA-TAG (873-2824)

  Scrapie Tags

Click here to view and order other Eradicate Scrapie! educational materials.


National Scrapie Education Initiative
National Institute for Animal Agriculture
13570 Meadowgrass Drive, Suite 201 • Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Phone: 719-538-8843 • Fax: 719-538-8847